Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Pasta and Pumpkin Sauce

My absolute favorite part of the fall is all the pumpkin, well, everything! Whether its pumpkin beer or pumpkin bread, I don't care what it is. If it's got pumpkin in it, I want it. Going to a restaurant now is easy because if something has pumpkin in it, I will probably order it without looking anymore. I am that obsessed.

And I'm totally ok with that.

So when I saw a recipe for Pasta with Pumpkin Sauce on Circle B Kitchen, I had to make it.

Here's what you need.

What I loved about this recipe is that it was super easy to make and tasted amazing. The most time consuming aspect was cutting up the shallots and the sage. Besides that, it was really just pouring, whisking, and waiting.


The recipe called for the pasta (I used penne) to be al dente, but I cooked it fully and skipped the part about covering it and letting it sit because I was too impatient. ha

  But seriously though, how awesome does this look?? Excuse me while I go back for seconds :)

Pasta and Pumpkin Sauce

1 pound of penne pasta
2 tbsp olive oil
3 shallots, finely chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
One 15-ounce can pure pumpkin puree
1/2 cup heavy cream
3 oz goat cheese
1 tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
½ tsp ground cinnamon
¼ tsp nutmeg
1 ½ tbsp of chopped fresh sage
Grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese

Cook the penne in a large pot according to the directions and drain.

At the same time, heat the olive oil over medium heat in a medium skillet. Add the shallots and garlic and cook for about 5 minutes until the shallots are soft.

Add the broth, pumpkin, salt, pepper, heavy cream, nutmeg, cinnamon, goat cheese and 1 tbsp of the sage and whisk until smooth. Lower the heat and allow the sauce to simmer for about 5 minutes.

Combine the pasta and sauce and top with remaining sage and parmigiano-reggiano cheese if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment