Monday, September 17, 2012

Fresh start

Recently I was thinking to myself about how many times I have saved a recipe or a tutorial and never actually tried them. How many cookbooks I own that have barely been touched. How many hundreds of pins on Pinterest.com that I haven't thought of since I pinned them. What was the point of all that saving? Sure, there is that little voice inside that says "oh you'll definitely use this someday!", but the more I think about that, I'm pretty sure I was just fooling myself!

Well, until today that is.

I figure it's time to stop all the pinning (although I will definitely still pin some things...that's a hard habit to break!) and the saving and the putting off of projects and meals to some undisclosed time period and instead start doing and living. That's a lot of and's....my English teachers would not be happy.

Anyway, I'm hoping to go through and actually make some of these recipes I keep hearing about. Or these projects I want to try. Whatever my little heart desires. 

Couple of caveats. First, I am by no means a professional cook. I don't think I'm a bad cook, but I'm the kind of person that usually needs a recipe. You will not see me on Master Chef any time in the near or distant future. Second, I am not a professional photographer so please bear with my photos. I'll try and at least use my actual camera for pictures. And third, these are my opinions on the foods so please feel free to agree or disagree. Recommendations are also welcome! 

If anyone reads this, awesome. If not, at least I have a record of what I tried, what worked and what didn't. So let's get this party started :)

No comments:

Post a Comment