Friday, September 21, 2012

Making "the book"

In my family, my siblings and I all developed a love of cooking. Probably because my mom is just that awesome ;)

Mom was the primary cook growing up and I grew up watching her page through her cookbooks, both the ones she bought and the ones she made over the years by collecting recipes and putting them into binders on manila folders. Some of these recipes were from magazines or newspapers, from friends, and others were family recipes passed down from my grandparents. These recipes were the tried and true recipes. Mom's go-to for company or just a Wednesday night dinner.

A few years ago, my mom surprised my siblings and I with some presents. She had made us each our own recipe book and hand written in the wonderful recipes we grew up with including those passed down from my grandparents. Plus she put pictures of us all in it. It was a very special gift for us all.

Since that day, we have all discussed new recipes and the question that gets asked when we make something is "Is it good enough for the book?" You could say we've become a bit selective! But if it makes the book, then the recipe is awesome.

So if you see me write that it made "the book", you know the recipe is awesome :)

No comments:

Post a Comment