Monday, July 8, 2013

5 Ingredient Easy Chicken Crockpot Meal


I love myself an easy recipe. That's probably why I love my crockpot so much because what could be easier than throwing things into a pot, leaving it alone for hours, and coming back to deliciousness? Not a whole lot...

I saw this on Pinterest with the recipe coming from The Larson Lingo. The label on the pin was "Easiest Dinner Ever". Enough said. I was sold. Yeah for easy!! And man, was it easy.

Here's what you'll need:

The original recipe used chicken tenderloins, but I had chicken breasts in the freezer so I went with that. Now the most time consuming part was draining the corn and draining/rinsing the beans. Tough, I know!!

So in goes the chicken. The initial recipe said you could put it in frozen, but that always freaks me out so I thawed it first. Then comes the cream cheese. And then everything else! Set that puppy to low and leave it be for 6 to 8 hours.

Once all was said and done I made some rice to go along with it and pulled it apart with forks in the crockpot.

I have to say it was pretty good. A tad bland, but totally an easy, repeatable recipe. Might need to think about how to spice it up a bit, but it definitely would work in a pinch!


Easy Chicken Crockpot Meal
Adapted from The Larson Lingo 

1 1/2-2 pounds of chicken breast
8 oz package of regular cream cheese
1 15 oz. can of black beans, drained & rinsed
1 15 oz. can of corn, drained
1 can of Rotel 

1. Put chicken breasts in the crockpot.
2. Add cream cheese to crockpot.
3. Add beans, corn, and Rotel to the crockpot.
4. Set crockpot to Low and cook for 6-8 hours.
5. Shred chicken in the crockpot.
6. Serve over rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment