Sunday, July 7, 2013

Copycat Olive Garden Italian Dressing

I'm not going to lie. My favorite parts about going to Olive Garden are the unlimited salad and breadsticks. I would be content just having those for a meal! So when I saw this recipe on Pinterest for an imitation dressing, I had to give it a go.

The recipe I found came from Because Barenaked Chef Said So. I was a bit surprised by the recipe once I saw the ingredients since one of them was Italian dressing mix. To me that kind of seemed like cheating, but I was already committing to doing this so c'est la vie.

Here's what you'll need.


The next step is REALLY tough. Are you ready??

Throw it all into a blender or food processor.

Aaaaand that's it. I mean it's quite easy. In the end it wasn't really all it was cracked up to be. I mean it wasn't bad by any means, but it was just another dressing. We used it all, but I don't think I'll be going through the effort again any time soon. What do you think?

Copycat Olive Garden Italian Dressing
Source: Adapted from Because Barenaked Chef Said So



1/4 cup olive oil
1/ 2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup white vinegar
1/2 tsp dried Italian spices
1/2 tsp salt
Black pepper, to taste
1/2 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tbsp mayonnaise
1/4 cup water
1 envelope of  Good Seasons Italian Dressing Mix


1. Combine all the ingredients together in a food processor.
2. Mix for 30 seconds
3. Serve and store extra dressing in the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment