Monday, July 15, 2013

Baked Peas with Tarragon, Yogurt, and Pistachios




Pistachios are awesome. I'm just saying. They really are! I could eat them all day long if given the option. I don't care if I'm getting a years worth of sodium! Those green little nuggets of deliciousness are wonderful.


Despite my love of pistachios, I've never tried cooking with them. I figured this was as good a time as any! I saw this recipe on 101 Cookbooks via Pinterest.

So here's what you'll need.

First get your oven going. I left the peas out to thaw (read as lazy), but the initial recipe recommended putting them in a clay pot to thaw them out on the stove over low heat. Do whatever works for you!

Next add the rest of the ingredients except for 1/4 cup of pistachios into a food processor and let her go! It should become like a chunky paste.

Then mix the peas and the yogurt mixture together and put into a baking dish. Add the remaining pistachios on top of the pea loveliness and bake that puppy until the top browns a bit (around 15 minutes).


That that's it! Enjoy!


Baked Peas with Tarragon, Yogurt, and Pistachios
Source: The Breakaway Cook via 101 Cookbooks

1 pound frozen baby peas
1/2 cup loosely packed fresh tarragon leaves
2 scallions, chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup Greek yogurt
1/2 cup chopped pistachios
salt, to taste

1. Preheat the oven to 500F.
2. Thaw the peas and put into a baking dish.
3. Add tarragon, scallions, olive oil, yogurt, and 1/4 cup of the pistachios into a food processor.
4. Combine yogurt mixture with peas and mix gently into baking dish.
5. Top baking dish with remaining chopped pistachios.
6. Bake for 15 minutes until the top browns.

No comments:

Post a Comment